ARCHITECTURAL COMPETITION

Six Colleges Entered in Second Annual Contest.

An intercollegiate architectural competition will be held this spring between Columbia, Cornell, Harvard, Michigan, Pennsylvania and Technology. Each year one of the colleges will conduct the competition, Harvard being in charge this spring. A committee of representatives of the colleges will decide upon the program of the competition from the tentative programs submitted by each college. The competition is divided into two classes; one consisting of fourth-year and graduate students, the other of all other students. A prize of $90 is offered to the winner in the first class, and $60 to the winner in the second. The donor of the prizes is Lloyd Warren, of New York.

Each college will submit preliminary sketches on February 28. In these preliminary sketches each student must rely upon his own efforts, and no reference books or consultation will be permitted. He will receive the problem decided upon by the committee, in the morning, and must hand in, by evening, his original work on the subject. The final drawings must be handed in by April 3. In the working up of the final drawing from the preliminary sketch the student may consult outside sources. The final drawings will be put on exhibition at the various colleges, in turn, after the decisions have been reached.