The Harvard Union.

Communications

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Tomorrow evening the Forum is to discuss the uses of the Harvard Union. It is fortunate that this subject should have been chosen at a time when the Union has been the object of comment and criticism which in the main has been merely unsupported individual opinion. The fact, however, of this criticism proves strikingly what has long been realized--that, as the Harvard Union is a great opportunity for Harvard students, so too, is it a great problem. The Union stands today as the greatest material tribute to college democracy in the country and it is the problem which the students of Harvard University are in duty bound to solve, to discover the means whereby the great opportunities embodied in the Union may be used most effectively for the service of every student here. The officers of the Union therefore sincerely urge all members of the University to attend the Forum tomorrow and express their views on any phase of the Union activities. And, while there will be several trustees at the meeting to answer questions if desired, the Governing Board is most anxious that the University understand that the discussion is primarily intended for the frank expression of undergraduate opinion. In order that this opinion may be as representative as possible, I hope that as many men as can will attend.  W. M. E. WHITELOCK.