ELEVEN IN GOOD CONDITION

Easy Practice Followed Review of Saturdays Game. -- Quarterback Question Unsolved.

Having come through Saturday's muddy struggle with all the first string men in fine physical condition, the University eleven yesterday began another week of severe drilling on Soldiers Field in preparation for the Cornell game. Every man on the squad, with the exception of three disabled substitutes, is ready for fierce football.

Yesterday there was the usual long Monday indoor session during which the coaches reviewed Saturday's game and laid plans for future work. Promptly at 4 o'clock the squad took to the field and for half an hour the men drilled in sections. In this work the linesmen had practice in "breaking through," particular attention being paid to the fault of illegal holding, for which Harvard suffered five penalties against Penn. State. The ends under-went a drill in defensive tactics against a set of heavy second team backs, and the University backfield, experimented on some new formations. The last half hour of the afternoon was spent in dummy scrimmage, one University eleven pitted against the other. All in all, however, the work was not strenuous.

Besides the squad work, special care was given to Hardwick, Mahan and Willetts in kicking. Other backs and ends did the catching and "running down" under kicks. In this drill Henry Sprague '11 aided the less experienced punters.

Quarterback Question Still Open.

Yesterday it became evident that the quarterback question, which has long been the thorn in the side of the coaching staff, will still find no new solution, and that Freedley and Logan will henceforth have to bear the brunt of the quarterback work. Bradlee, although he once gave promise of being quarterback timber, shifted to the backfield of the substitutes yesterday. Apparently the attempt to make him into a quarterback has been given up. Bradlee, however useful a man he may be for the substitutes, was one of the few quarterback hopes; Logan and Freedley both are reliable and steady, but neither measures up to the brilliant standard set by the other three backs.