EIGHTY-ONE REPORT FOR HOCKEY

To Say Nothing of 52 Freshmen, and 33 Manager Candidates.

The meeting for candidates for the University and Freshman hockey teams held last night in Thayer Common Room was enthusiastically attended. Eighty-one men reported for the University team and 52 from the Freshman class, while there were 33 candidates for the position of second assistant manager. Coach A. Winsor, Jr., '02, outlined the general work for the season and urged the men out only to keep in good health, but also to maintain a good standing in their college work. Dr. Channing Frothingham, Jr., '02, emphasized the need for keeping in the best of health from the start, although strick training will not begin for a few weeks. H. B. Gardner '13 captain of last year's hockey team, brought out the fact that this is the first year of hockey as a major sport and the success of the team depends largely on the spirit and hearty co-operation shown by the men.

Practice will be held this year as usual on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday at 5, and, later in the season, on Tuesday and Thursday at 6, in the Boston Arena. There will be skating in the Arena on Wednesday of next week and possibly on Monday.