PRACTICE COMMENCES IN EARNEST

Hockey and Track Squads Will Report for Work on Monday, Jan. 5.

Regular practice for the Freshman and second hockey teams will commence immediately after the recess. Little can as yet be determined about the Freshman squad but indications point to a strong team. Two games have already been arranged for them subject to the approval of the Athletic Committee, the first with Melrose on January 10, and the second with Exeter on January 17. Both games will be played in Cambridge.

The second team will play two games a week commencing after the holidays and will conclude their season with a game with Exeter on February 21. F. D. Huntington 21., captain of the University team two years ago, and Captain Williams '14 will take charge of the work until a regular coach is secured. Practice on the second team will afford an excellent opportunity to develop into material for the University squad, and every member of the University with any ability at hockey is urged to report for the team.

Practice for Track Squad.

Regular track work will begin for both University and Freshman squads on Monday, January 5. Practice will be held every afternoon on the board track, lately moved from Holmes Field to Soldiers Field. University 390 yard runners will report at 3.45 o'clock; University 780-yard runners will report at 4 o'clock and all Freshmen will report at 4.15 o'clock.