Where are the Class Gymnasium Committees?

Communication

(We invite all men in the University to submit communications on subjects of timely interest, but assume no responsibility for sentiments expressed under this head.)

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

The question raised in our minds by a recent communication signed the "Harvard Gymnasium Committee" is: Can the students who have pledged money for the Gymnasium be expected to automatically pay their pledges, without personal notices that they are due, and without full and entire justification for feeling that this is a project that is being seriously taken up and systematically put through? We do not wish to seem hyper-critical concerning the way this affair has been run so far, but at the same time we cannot help feeling that a committee that has collected a considerable amount of money from the student body for a given project, is under obligations to further that project to the best of its ability. It is not our belief that any enthusiasm has been lost in this matter. It is simply dormant and needs proper leadership to bring it forth. Why are not the separate class committees efficiently collecting this money by notifying the individual men that their pledges are due, and why is there not a Freshman Committee extending the work? A little personal effort will go farther than any number of general notices. WARD LUCAS '15.   J. W. BALLOU '15.