FOUR LECTURES IN UNION

Dean Sumner, Bliss Perry, Prof. Copeland, and Major Higginson to Speak During Present Month.

Rev. Walter Taylor Sumner, D.D., chairman of the Chicago Vice Commission, will speak on "Efficient Citizenship" in the Living Room of the Union on Monday evening at 8 o'clock. Dean Sumner has been waging a vigorous fight against white slavery in Chicago for several years and is, in fact, one of the foremost figures in the battle for the reform of Chicago's vicious West Side district.

Professor Bliss Perry, of the Department of English, will give an address on "Abraham Lincoln" in the Living Room on Tuesday evening.

On Wednesday evening Professor Copeland will give a talk on "Extemporaneous Speaking," in place of the reading which he was unable to give last Wednesday. The talk will be given in the Dining Room of the Union and the doors will be opened at 8.45 and closed promptly at 9 o'clock.

Major Henry Lee Higginson '55 will speak in the Living Room on Tuesday, February 25. He will tell informally some of his personal reminiscences and recollections.

All of these lectures will be open only to members of the Union.