STRENUOUS EFFORTS FOR YALE

Football Practice Will Start April 15.--Stadium Plans in Air.

According to the Yale News, spring football practice will begin there about the middle of April. Howard Jones, the new head coach, will arrive on April 15 and work will be begun at once.

If present plans materialize, forty men will be included in the spring training squad. By June it is thought that the men will be proficient in forward passing, catching punts, formations and offensive work. The best of the men will be given instruction in the finer points of football during the summer.

Stadium Not Ready Until 1914.

The Yale stadium committee have abandoned all hope of having the new stadium ready by next fall, and it will not be in shape until the Harvard-Yale game in 1914. The reason for the delay is a possible change of plan regarding the advisability of submerging the stadium. Although a very remarkable drainage plan has been submitted which would make the field dry within half an hour after a storm, its execution would require a huge amount of excavation, and would leave no space for locker rooms. The final decision regarding the matter has not yet been made.