1910 RECOMMENDS ACTION.

Harvard men delight in traditions, but they do stand for efficiency. Hemenway Gymnasium fulfills all the requirements of seasoned old age, but as an institution for the exercise of youth it long ago displayed its infirmities. Everybody realizes the pressing need of a new gymnasium, yet it has remained for the class of 1910, young but enthusiastic, to take concerted action to further the movement for a new gymnasium started by the undergraduates this year through the Forum and Student Council. The members of the class have shown their interest in the institution and the students by pledging their best support, and by recommending to President Lowell that he appoint a committee to carry this matter through. No one realizes better than President Lowell that the demand for the new gymnasium is tremendously strong, and furthermore, no one knows better than he how much Harvard men have been called on of late to give large sums for other purposes. However, the time has now come for definite action. The class of 1910 has taken the first step and it devolves upon every Harvard man to support the movement. Whether we have a real gymnasium is a question that concerns every Harvard student, and upon its existence depends the normal development of his education in the physical phase. On one side there is this important need; on the other are the loyalty and support of all Harvard graduates. We appeal to them all for aid in giving Harvard what it surely needs--a new gymnasium.