The petition of the University Corporation that it be allowed to sell part of the Bussey Estate in West Roxbury was granted recently by the Supreme Court of Massachusetts. As originally established in 1871 through the bequest of Benjamin Bussey Institution was for the encouragement of theological and legal education in the University: the other half to be devoted to the promotion of practical agriculture. In 1908 the institution was re-organized solely as an institution for advanced instruction and research in subjects relating to practical agriculture and as such it is now being used. The part of the Estate to be sold, amounting to about 118 acres is separated from the rest of the land by the tracks of the Boston and Providence Railroad and is so scattered as to be of little use for the purposes of the institution.
Court Permits Sale of Land
From Our Advertisers
This article has been written in collaboration with the team at Church Hill Classics who provide diploma frames, certificate frames and varied other gifts for graduation.
Nine teenagers embark on a three-week service trip in the Alaskan backcountry.
Harvard has had the pleasure to partner with the French Cultural Center numerous times over the last 70 years.
Take a look at one of the nation's only remaining collegiate in-house printing presses.