OUTLINE OF COMPETITION

Candidates for Second Assistant Football Managership from 1916 Called Out Next Thursday.

Candidates from the Freshman class for the position of second assistant manager of the football team will be called out next Thursday morning. An outline of the requirements of the competition is given below by Manager Plimpton for the benefit of prospective candidates.

The competition this spring will consist primarily of reporting at Soldiers Field during the two weeks of spring practice, which will give candidates experience in attending to the details of the Locker Building and the football fields. The office work will consist in writing letters, compiling lists of addresses, etc., and will require comparatively little time. According to the evidence of the candidates' ability in these two divisions of the work, a cut will be made before the final examinations, and the men retained from the cut will be expected to report for early practice in the fall. At the beginning of the work in the fall, definite duties will be assigned to each candidate, for which he will be responsible at each day's practice and on days of games. A final cut will be made after the fourth or fifth game and the remaining two or possibly three candidates will continue in competition until after the Yale game.

Further details of the competition will be explained at the candidates' meeting in the H. A. A. Office on Thursday morning at 8.30 o'clock.