WORLD'S CHAMPIONS VICTORS

UNIVERSITY BASEBALL TEAM DEFEATED AT FENWAY PARK BY 5 TO 0.

Boston's world's champion baseball team defeated the University nine at Fenway Park yesterday afternoon by the score of 5 to 0. Although the score was larger than that of last year, the University team played good baseball for the most part. Each team had three errors, two of Harvard's being critical; but when it is considered that the professionals have had a month's training in the south and that this was Harvard's first game of the season, the showing was very creditable. The Red Sox secured three hits off Felton in six innings and one off Frye in two innings. Both of these pitchers had difficulty in locating the plate, Felton giving five bases on balls and Frye two.

Hardwick excelled for Harvard both at bat and in the field. His catch of Speaker's line drive in the fifth inning was particularly commendable. Felton distinguished himself in the second inning by striking out Gardner, Stahl and Carrigan.

In the first inning after forcing out Hooper, Yerkes stole second and advanced to third on Speaker's sacrifice, scoring when Wingate threw wild to Ayres to catch Lewis. In the fourth, Lewis and Gardner were given bases on balls. After advancing on Stahl's sacrifice, Lewis scored on Wagner's fly to Frye. The champions added two more in the fifth. Leonard who had walked scored on Yerkes' three-bagger, and Yerkes in turn scored on Speaker's sacrifice fly. The final tally came in the sixth. Frye dropped Gardner's fly to right. Gardner reached third on Stahl's hit, scoring when Young threw to second to catch Stahl.

The summary:

HARVARD.  a.b.  r.  b.h.  p.o.  a.  e.Frye, r.f., p.,  3  0  0  1  0  1Wingate, s.s.,  3  0  0  2  0  1Ayres, 1b.,  4  0  0  7  0  1Clark, 2b.,  4  0  0  4  3  0Hardwick, c.f.,  4  0  2  2  0  0Milholland, l.f.,  3  0  0  0  0  0Alsop, l.f.,  1  0  0  1  0  0Tomes, 3b.,  4  0  0  1  1  0Young, c.,  3  0  1  6  2  0Felton, p.,  2  0  0  0  3  0Halligan, r.f.,  1  0  0  0  0  0Totals,  32  0  3  24  9  3BOSTON.  a.b.  r.  b.h.  p.o.  a.  e.Hooper, r.f.,  2  0  0  0  0  2Yerkes, 2b.,  3  2  2  1  2  0Ball, 2b.,  0  0  0  1  0  0Speaker, c.f.,  1  0  0  2  0  0Eagle, c.f.,  1  0  0  0  0  0Lewis, l.f.,  3  1  0  2  0  0Gardner, 3b.,  3  1  0  0  3  0Stahl, 1b.,  3  0  1  11  1  0Wagner, s.s.,  1  0  0  1  0  1Janvrin, s.s.,  1  0  1  0  3  0Carrigan, c.,  2  0  0  3  1  0Cady, c.,  2  0  0  6  0  0Leonard, p.,  1  1  0  0  2  0Foster, p.,  1  0  0  0  1  0*Henricksen,  1  0  0  0  0  0Totals,  25  5  4  27  13