DRAMATIC CLUB PRODUCTION

Manifold Excitements Promised in Performances Next Week.

The annual spring productions of the Dramatic Club will be given in the Hasty Pudding Theatre, by Courtesy of the club, next Tuesday and Wednesday evenings at 8.15 o'clock and at the Plymouth Theatre next Friday afternoon at 2.15 o'clock. Wednesday evening is undergraduates night.

Although somewhat delayed by a change in the choice of plays, the club is pleased with the way the three one-act pieces selected, "Good News," "The Wedding Dress," and the "Ygraine of the Hillfolk" have lent themselves to the instruction of Mr. Powell, who has been coaching them for the past month.

"Good News" by J. F. Ballard '11, author of "Believe Me, Xantippe," which ran eleven weeks at the Castle Square theater this writer, is a play touching upon tense events which arise in the life of a western farmer's household. "The Wedding Dress" by Miss Katherine McDowell Rice, Sp., Radcliffe, also treats of farm life, but the scene is laid in New England, so that the character of the piece contrasts with the work of Mr. Ballard. It is a homely little drama of swift, unforeseen turn, against New England character in some of its strange phases. The third play, "Ygraine of the Hillfolk" by R. E. Rogers '09, is the second drama in verse which the club has acted in its five years of producing Harvard plays. It unfolds a tense Viking tale of wrong suffered, and heroic retribution, woman upon man. The theme is different from that of any play that the club has produced and offers large opportunities for vivid acting. Mr. H. T. Parker '90, dramatic editor of the Boston Transcript, says, "The short plays that the club has previously acted have been of many kinds. This spring they promise manifold excitements."

Tickets at Special Prices

Tickets for the Cambridge performances of the play at $1.50 and $1 each And for the matinee at the Plymouth Theatre at $1.50, $1, and 75 cents each are on sale at Herrick's Tyson's the Co-operative Branch, and the Plymouth Theatre or may be obtained upon application to H.P. Briggs '15, Brentford 22. A special arrangement has been made as in former years whereby an undergraduate may purchase two seats, one to be occupied by himself, at reduced rates. To secure the reduction, coupons at $1 and 50 cents each redeemable for $1.50 and $1 seats at the undergraduate performance, must be purchased at the Co-operative Branch or of one of the following; H. S. Ballou Jr. '15; H.P. Briggs '15; J. K. Hodges '14; A. Jaretski '13; A. C. McGiffert, Jr. '13; G. D. Nelson '14; P. L. Rabenold '15; C. M. Rogers '14; K. W. Snyder '14; or T. W. Swett '15.