REGULARS GIVEN DAY OFF

PRINCETON GAME HARD ON MEN.--SUBSTITUTES SCRIMMAGE FRESHMEN

The University football squad held a short secret practice in the Stadium yesterday afternoon. The men were all rather stiff after Saturday's game with Cornell, and many of the regulars were given a day off. G. G. Browne and McKay, who have both been on the sick list, reported in uniform. Neither was in the line-up during signal practice, but both took a long run, showing that they were in condition again. O'Flaherty, Hooper, whose leg bothered him a little, P. Withington, P. D. Smith, Minot, and Long were not on the field. None of these men, with the exception of Hooper, will be out of the line-up for more than today.

The substitutes were given a long signal drill, the players starting fast, although the field was very slippery and partly covered with hay.

After the signal practice, Coach Daly spent some time with Corbett and Frothingham, coaching them in catching punts.

The substitutes lined up as follows: l.e., Houston; l.t., Houston; l.t., West, Bush; l.g., Blodgett; c., Forster; r.g., Stow; r.t., Dunlap; r.e., L. D. Smith, Rogers, Coach Haughton; q.b., Wigglesworth; l.h.b., Frothingham; r.h.b., Corbett; f.b., Morrison.