YALE HAS NINE GAME SCHEDULE

Virginia and Notre Dame Play at New Haven.--Coaches Chosen.

Yale's football schedule which has just been announced contains nine games--one less than last year. Wesleyan who has in recent years opened Yale's schedule declined the game as too severe in early season test. The University of Virginia and Notre Dame take the places of Holy Cross and Lafayette, playing Yale for the first time. In preparation or the game with Notre Dame, Coach Hinckey has been training the candidates for the team in the passing and handling of the ball, which characterize he Western style of game. Winter practice has been suspended during the examinations.

With the exception of that with Princeton all the games on the following schedule will be played at New Haven: September 26, University of Maine; October 3, University of Virginia; October 10, Lehigh; October 17, Notre Dame; October 24, Washington and Jefferson; October 31, Colgate; November 7, Brown; November 14, Princeton; November 21, Harvard.

Captain N. Talbot has chosen the following men, all of the 1913 eleven, as assistants on the Yale staff of football coaches: P.G. Cornish, N. Wheeler, H.A. Marting, and J.S. Pendleton. With Coach Hinckey and Dr. W.T. Bull, these men will be the staff at Yale Field.