BIG SQUAD REPORTS FOR TRACK

Eighty-Four Men Start Winter Training on New Board-Track. -- More Men Needed for Field Events.

Eighty-four candidates reported at the first regular practice for University and Freshman winter track work on the board track on Soldiers Field yesterday afternoon. Coach Donovan was in charge and gave the men only light work. Nothing but easy practice will be attempted for several days in order to condition the men gradually. The following schedule of practice has been arranged. Hurdlers should report at 3.30 o'clock; 390-yard relay men at 3.45 o'clock; 780-yard men at 4 o'clock; Freshmen at 4.15 o'clock; all field event men in the Cage any time after 1.30 o'clock; anyone not doing relay work after 4 o'clock.

The work this fall offers unusual advantages for development owing to the individual attention which Coach Powers will give each candidate. As many of last year's point winners were lost by graduation, it will be necessary to develop new material in these events. Everyone not engaged in some other sport is urged to report regardless of previous experience.