NOT DEAD BUT SLEEPING.

The movement for a new gymnasium is not dead but sleeping, according to the undergraduate committee in charge of it. For a time at least, the University must wait, for while the undergraduates in the classes from 1913 to 1917 inclusive responded generously and raised nearly ten thousand dollars, the graduates did not respond with the enthusiasm hoped for and the movement has come to a stand-still.

While its impetus has decreased, it should not be allowed to stop entirely. Each class should add something to the fund, for the raising of so large an amount of money, even for so desirable an object, is a matter of time and patience. Success in two and a half years could hardly be expected.

It is hoped therefore, that the committee, to which the University owes a debt of gratitude for its splendid services, will perpetuate itself and that the movement among both undergraduates and graduates will be continued vigorously.

With perseverance, the fund, which just now seems at a stand-still, can be made to grow surprisingly by steady additions to it. The project should be neither abandoned nor halted. It should go on uninterruptedly for it has had an excellent start.