LIGHT PRACTICE FOR ELEVEN

Short Scrimmage Held With Neither Side Attempting to Score.--T. J. Coolidge Given Lay-off.

Yesterday's practice for the football squad was confined principally to a review of the fine points of the game. Scrimmaging was in order for a short time, however, the seconds being sent in first against the substitutes, and later against the regular team. Most of the playing, however, was in midfield, neither side attempting to score.

Hardwick was on hand again after his three days' rest and occupied his old position at right end. T. J. Coolidge, the regular left end, has developed a stiffness in his leg due to a bruise received Saturday, and was replaced by C. A. Coolidge. Bigelow was substituted for Wallace, at centre, who is not yet quite in shape after his long absence.

D. P. Morgan '16, who broke a bone in his hand early in the season, was out again yesterday afternoon for the first time in over a month. At the time of his injury he was first choice for tackle but after the good showing which Parson has made he will have a hard job to win back his position. His re-appearance, however, strengthens the team materially, for in his absence Bigelow has been almost the only capable substitute for both tackle positions and centre.

The line-up for yesterday's scrimmage: C. A. Coolidge, l.e.; Parson, l.t.; Pennock, l.g.; Bigelow, c.; Weston, r.g.; Trumbull, r.t.; Hardwick, r.e.; Logan, q.b.; Mahan, l.h.b.; Bradlee and King, r.h.b.; Francke, f.b.