ONE GOAL BEAT 1918 SOCCER TEAM

Freshmen Lost to Andover Eleven in a Hotly Contested Match.

In their second game of the season played yesterday afternoon on Soldiers Field, the Freshman association football team lost to Andover 1 to 0. Despite the fact that the Freshmen lost, they played an exceptionally good game. The ball was almost constantly before the Andover goal, but the accuracy necessary to shoot the ball through for a tally was lacking. The game throughout was characterized by fast snappy play. Huang and Davison showing up well for the visitors while Cooke, Boyden, and Norris starred for the Freshmen.

The lone tally for Andover was secured by Simonson near the middle of the second period, when he succeeded in working the ball out of a scrimmage near the goal and shooting it in.

The summary: ANDOVER.  HARVARD 1918. Butterfield, g.  g., Hollisten Crumb, Ingram, l.i.f.  r.i.f., Hulme Ellwood, r.i.f.  l.i.f., Cooke Simonson, l.o.f.  r.o.f., Kellett Robinson, r.o.f.  l.o.f., Elliot MacDonald, l.h.b.  r.h.b., Norris Davison, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Arnold Stewart, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Levin Thompson, l.f.b.  r.f.b., Knowlton Gamble, c.f.b.  c.f.b., Whytlaw Huang, r.f.b.  l.f.b., Boyden

Score--Andover 1, Harvard 1918 O. Goal--Simonson. Referee, Reiley. Time, two 30-minute halves.