WHERRY RACE WON BY PRATT

Final Heat Was Closely Contested.--Singles Contest for Regent's Cup Will be Held Today.

There were eighteen entries in the wherry races held yesterday afternoon. L. M. Pratt '18 won the final heat in a closely contested race with S. L. French '16 coming in second. The races were in three preliminary heats and a final, the first two men in each heat qualifying for the final. The course was a half-mile in length finishing in front of the Newell boathouse. S. L. French '16 and R. B. Fuller '17 qualified in the first heat, and L. M. Pratt '18 and F. B. Lund, Jr., '18 in the second. W. W. Webber '17 was the only man to qualify in the third heat. In the finals the men finished as follows: first, L. M. Pratt '18; second, S. L. French '16; third, R. B. Fuller '17.

The singles race for the Regent's Cup will be held this afternoon in the Basin at 4.15, weather permitting. The course, starting at the Cottage Farm bridge, will be a mile in length. The following men have entered: H. Amory '16, H. B. Cabot '17, B. Carpenter C., N. P. Darling '17, C. F. Eaton '17, W. Fleming '17, B. Harwood '15, C. Higginson '17, C. C. Lund '16, H. S. Middendorf '16, J. W. Middendorf '16, H. A. Murray '15, M. C. Patten '15, W. L. Robinson '16, E. R. Wilkinson '15. These men should be at the Cottage Farm bridge promptly at 4.15 o'clock.