THE SPIRIT OF CELEBRATION.

Today the Harvard team is invading New Haven for the struggle that is to christen the Yale Bowl. Loyally following the team there is a great exodus of students from Cambridge, enthusiastic and eager for the whistle to blow. So far as experts can ascertain, the elevens balance in proved strength about as nearly as any two football machines could. Needless to say, the situation is tense, and, although we believe that the feeling betwen the two universities has never been better, all who are deeply interested in the outcome cannot help but feel the strain.

And when the last play has been executed and the game is over, the strain is going to be relieved. That this release should be temperate and manly, that whatever is said and done after the greatest struggle of the year is over should be in the interests of good fellowship, is the greatest responsibility of every man who has gone forth as a member of the University. The team has gone to New Haven to win and the support of the student body is unflinching and enthusiastic. Whether we come off triumphant or downed in defeat, the climax of this enthusiasm should be sportsmanlike to the last degree. The man who lets the truant spirit carry him off his feet, who forgets that what he does is done in the name of his University, is no true son of Harvard. But the same strong, though temperate, confidence that we have in the team to do its utmost for victory, we place in every Harvard man to win his battle against misdirected exuberance--if he does not forget.