COMEDY OF NEWSPAPER LIFE

CAST FOR "DIE JOURNALISTEN," DEUTSCHER VEREIN PLAY, CHOSEN.

The cast for the Deutscher Verein play, "Die Journalisten," by Gustav Frey-tag, to be given in Jordan Hall on December 17, has been selected after nearly four weeks of rehearsing under the direction of Mr. August Vatter, who has coached the Verein productions for several years. The play is a comedy of newspaper life in Germany of fifty years ago and represents the struggle of two political parties, each supported by a newspaper. The piece gives the true spirit of German life and has a serious undercurrent beneath the subtle humor that pervades it. It has been put on in Germany with much success.

The proceeds from the performance are to go to the German Relief Fund to alleviate the sufferings of non-combatants in Germany. Tickets are now on sale at the Co-operative branch store, Herrick's and by G. Priester sC., 120 Mt. Auburn street.

Members of the Radcliffe Verein will again take the feminine parts in the production as they did last year. The cast follows: Oberst,  J. M. Gundry '18 Ida his daughter,  Miss Alice Davis Adelhied Runeck,  Miss Jean Key Senden, a capitalist,  W. Silz '17 Oldendorf, an editor,  F. S. Cawley 3G. Bolz, editor of the "Union,"  G. Priester sC. Bellmaus,  E. L. Hackes 1G.B. Kampe,  J. H. Volkman '16 Korner,  R. M. Lovett '18 Henning, a printer,  V. Knauth '18 Muller, general factotum, C. W. Jenks '15 Blumenburg editor of the "Coriolan,"  p. W. Whittlesey 1L. Madame pavoni, a dancer,  Miss Elise Kraft Piepenbrink, a wine merchant,  S. S. Otis 1G. Lotta, his wife,  Miss Harriet Hite Bertha, his daughter,  Miss Caroll Smith Kleinmichel, a merchant,  E. F. Henderson '18 Fritz, his son,  F. Knauth '18 Korb, Adelheid's secretary,  L. C. Elterich '17 Schmock,  M. Roth '17 Judge Schwartz,  F. Bocher '18 Karl, a servant,  A. B. Warren '15 Waiter,  R. M. Lovett '18 Guests, deputies, committees, etc.