STARS HAVE NOT "GONE BACK"

FORMER ATHLETES BEAT CARLISLE SATURDAY BY SCORE OF 13 TO 6.

The All-Stars proved too strong for the Carlisle eleven Saturday, winning by the score of 13 to 6. The game was well played and staged under favorable conditions, but the attendance was not as large as expected, only about 5,000 being present.

The All-Star eleven was composed of Harvard men for the most part, but Bennett and Snow of Dartmouth, J. McKay of Brown, Wadsworth of Williams, Philbin of Yale, and Rees of Northwestern, all played in part of the game.

The former collegians started the game with a whirlwind march up the field, pushing the ball over for a touchdown in the first few minutes of play. Straight football was productive of gains for both teams, practically no open play being in evidence throughout the contest. Again in the fourth period the heavier team scored on a blocked punt and the subsequent recovery of the ball. A succession of hard line plunges in the last quarter resulted in Carlisle's single touchdown. Captain Hamilton Fish '10, H. B. Gardner '13, p. Grant '08, and Snow of Dartmouth excelled for the All-Stars, while F. Broker and Pratt did the best work for the Indian eleven.

The summary: ALL-STARS.  CARLISLIC. Huntington, l.e.  r.c., Bird Gilman R. G. McKay, L. Withington, l.t.  r.t., Martell Parkinson, Minot, Bennett, l.g.  r.e., Hawkeagle Grant, c. c., Morrin, Winnesheck Bennett, P. Withington, Minot, r.g.  l.g., Hill, Lobo Fish, R. G. McKay, r.t.  l.t., Welmas Dana, r.e.  l.e., Wallette Gardner, Wigglesworth, q.b.  q.b., H. Broker J. McKay, R. White, Wadsworth,l.h.b.  r.h.b., Pratt, Johnson Philbin, Wendell, Rees, r.h.b.  l.h.b., Wofferel, white Snow, Campbell, f.b.  f.b., Calac, F. Broker, Poodrey

Score--All-Stars 13, Carlisle 6. Touch-downs--Snow, L. Withington, B. Broker. Goal from touchdown--Snow. Umpire-- F. Burleigh, Exeter. Referee--J. Pendleton, Bowdoin. Field judge--J. J. Hallahan. Linesman--R. Guild, Harvard. Time of quarters--12 minutes.