FENCERS ON SOUTHERN TRIP

Will Meet Pennsylvania and Annapolis Tomorrow and Saturday--Outline of Coming Season.

The University Fencing team will leave for Philadelphia and Annapolis this afternoon at 5 o'clock, for dual meets with the University of Pennsylvania and the Naval Academy. The team, which consists of S. F. Damon '14 (captain), R. von Nardroff '15, J. A. Aylen '15 and T.J. Putnam '15, will meet the University of Pennsylvania team tomorrow afternoon at 4 o'clock. The University team is identically the same as last year, and the Pennsylvania team practically the same and perhaps a little stronger. Last year Pennsylvania won by 6 bouts to 3.

Tomorrow evening the team will proceed to Annapolis where they meet the Naval Academy at 4 o'clock on Saturday afternoon. The midshipmen defeated the University men 6 to 3 last year.

Remainder of Schedule.

This will be the last meet before that with Yale in the Hemenway Gymnasium on February 13. On February 27 the team will go to New York for a dual meet with Columbia.

The Northern division of the Inter-collegiate Fencing Association, which includes Harvard, Yale, Cornell, and Bowdoin will hold the preliminary match in the Hemenway gymnasium on the afternoon and evening of Saturday March 28. At about the same time, the Southern division will hold its preliminaries and from these rounds, six colleges, three from each division, will be eligible to compete in the championship meet which will be held in New York at the Hotel Astor on April 10 and 11. The University team should show up well in all the matches and should reach the final round of the championships. The dual meets tomorrow and Saturday, being with teams that defeated the University last year, will be the best possible test for the men.