TRIALS FOR DEBATING TEAM

Announcement of Subject, Dates, and Particulars of Competition.

The final trials for the University debating teams will be held tomorrow at 3 and 7.30 o'clock in New Lecture Hall. Two teams of three men each to represent the University in the Yale and Princeton debates, and three alternates, will be chosen.

The men retained from the second trials are divided into four teams, as follows: Team A--A. A. Berle '13, E. P. Felker 1L., F. F. Greenman '14; Team B--G. K. Gardner 1L., C. B. Randall '12, M. Suravitz '13; Team C--J. A. Donovan 13, I. Levin '14, L. A. Mahoney '13; Team D--H. H. Breland '12, A. J. Chidescer 1G., T. J. Moore 2L. Teams A and B will debate in the afternoon, teams C and D in the evening, A and C upholding the affirmative. Each speaker will be allowed twelve minutes in the debate proper, and five minutes in the rebuttal.

Judge A. P. Stone '93, R. W. Kelso '04, Dr. A. N. Holcombe '06, of the repartment of Government, and C. E. Dunbar 1L., will be the judges.

On March 29, the University negative team will debate against the Princeton team in Cambridge, and the affirmative team will go to New Haven. The question this year is: "Resolved, That the United States government should accept the principle of monopoly control of industry and regulate prices, in all cases where the monopoly has been brought about by the operation of economic laws."