HARD GUYS WON ICE SERIES

Defeated Puck Pingers at Arena Yesterday, Securing Title to Scrub Hockey Championship.

The Hard Guys won the championship of the scrub hockey series by defeating the Puck Pingers at the Arena yesterday afternoon, 3 to 0. Toward the close of a clean, hard-fought struggle, the Puck Pingers, who played but six men, weakened, although at first the teams seemed evenly matched. The defense of the Puck Pingers held their opposing forwards at bay, but their three-man attack was unable to come within striking distance of the Hard Guys' goal. The superiority of numbers began to tell in the last of the game, and it was only by excellent work at goal that Wylde was able to hold the Hard Guys to three scores. Though the play was mainly in front of the Puck Pingers' goal, their attack made several fast rushes down the rink and narrowly missed on a number of well-aimed shots. The Hard Guys' attack showed speed and team-play, especially in the last period when Hardwick, Hastings, and Trainer in turn, drove the puck into the net.

Cups will be awarded to the members of the winning team, whose line-up yesterday was the same as it has been throughout the season. HARD GUYS.  PUCK PINGERS. T. E. Murphy '16, l.w.  r.w., F. A. Ingalls '17 H. P. Trainer '16, l.c.  c., M. Cunningham '17 D. P. Rumsey '16, r.c. E. R. Hastings '14, r.w.  l.w., T. H. Rice '17 B. B. Williams '15, c.p.  c.p., L. M. Lombard '17 B. A. Edwards '14, H. R. Hardwick '15, p.  p., V. H. Brown '17 W. S. Sagar '14, g.  g., J. I. Wylde '17