THE FRIDAY EVENING RECITALS.

Hearing good music is usually attended with the rigors; physical and financial, of ticket-getting, more or less personal preparation, more or less personal preparation, more or less cross-town travelling. And when one is uncomfortably ready for the business of being edified, he takes a large, measured dose,--heroically. Perhaps that is why so many of us do not make the most of our opportunities to hear good music. Perhaps that is also why informal recitals such as those which are being given in the Union on Friday nights find in us especial appreciation. To the man who can enjoy good music together with genuine physical comfort, they are recitals de luxe. We wish to thank Mr. Felix Fox, who entertained last night, and the men who have performed on previous Friday evenings for the pleasure they have given their hearers. The CRIMSON feels that these Friday evening recitals, more than any of the innovations of recent years, have contributed to the life of the Union, have made it "the place to go."