Three Lectures of Interest Today

"Founding of Instrumental Music."

Professor W. R. Spalding '87, of the Music Department, will give his fifth lecture in the series on "The Evolution of the Art of Music," at the Lowell Institute this evening at 8 o'clock. The subject of the lecture will be "The Founding of Modern Instrumental Music by Haydn and Mozart. Beethoven and the Sonata, the Symphony and the String Quartet." The lecture will be illustrated with selections by the Hoffmann String Quartet, and the program will be repeated Wednesday at 4.30 o'clock. The lecture is open to the public.

The sixth lecture of the series, "The Romantic Composers," will be given next Friday evening at 8 o'clock.

Third of Dr. Long's Series.

The third of the course of lectures on "Spenser" by Percy W. Long, Ph.D. '06, will be given in Lawrence 12 this afternoon at 3.30 o'clock. It is open to all members of the University.

Open Meeting of Economics Club.

O. M. W. Sprague, professor of Banking and Finance, will speak on "The New Currency Bill" at a meeting of the Undergraduate Economics Society in Emerson D this evening at 7.30 o'clock. The meeting will be open to all members of the University, and following the lecture, there will be a general discussion of this bill just passed by Congress, and Professor Sprague will answer any questions concerning it. The topic on "Currency" will be continued in the next few meetings of the society.