PERSONAL ELEMENT IN EDUCATION

Harvard Teachers Will Discuss Important Aspects of Pedagogy.

The twenty-third annual meeting and dinner of the Harvard Teachers' Association will take place today. This year's meeting will not touch upon the scientific study of educational problems and questions of method, but will be devoted to the personal elements in education, the contact between teacher and pupil.

At the morning session, which begins in Sanders Theatre at 9.45 o'clock, William McAndrew, principal of the Washington Irving High School, New York City, will speak on "The Principal and his Teachers: the Plague of Personality"; and Herbert S. Weaver, principal of the High School of Practical Arts, Boston, will speak on "The Personal Influence of the Principal upon his Pupils." The talks will be followed by a general discussion. The public will be welcome at the morning session.

The speakers at the dinner, which will be held in the Union at 1 o'clock, and will be open only to members of the Association and their guests, will be Professor R. B. Perry '97, of the University Faculty, and James H. Tufts, professor of philosophy, University of Chicago. Both will speak on "The Teaching of Ideals."