PRES. ELIOT ON WORLD PEACE

WILL LECTURE UNDER AUSPICES OF POLITY FEDERATION IN EMERSON.

The second lecture in the series held under the auspices of the International Polity Federation will be delivered by President Charles W. Eliot in Emerson D tonight at 8 o'clock. The subject of the address will be "Some Roads Towards Peace," and it will embody the results of President Eliot's recent trip around the world under the auspices of the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

President Eliot was honored with this mission because of his many valuable contributions toward the formulation of a more rational theory of international relations. In various addresses he has repeatedly called attention to the necessity for the creation of an international police force.

President Eliot has also made a special study of the relation of the rising Oriental nations to the problem of world peace, and will undoubtedly offer many valuable suggestions as the result of his experiences in Asia, where he had exceptional facilities for meeting the leading men in all branches of public life.

The International Polity Federation is arranging for a number of speakers to treat the various problems of international relations from different points of view during this half-year. Two more clubs have recently joined the Federation, the History Club and the Sociedad Espanola, making in all nine undergraduate and graduate organizations co-operating in the movement to increase the interest of Harvard men in international problems. All members of the University are cordially invited to attend the meeting this evening.