PROSPECTUS OF SUMMER CAMP

Announcement of Courses Offered at Squam Lake, Scope of Work, and Admission Conditions.

The summer engineering camp at Squam Lake will open this year on Saturday, June 20, and will close, with the exception of a few graduate courses, on Saturday, September 6. The camp is located on the eastern shore of the lake and comprises 700 acres, with living accommodations and drawing and drafting rooms for several hundred students.

Admission to the camp is open to men qualified as follows: Students registered in or about to enter any of the Graduate Schools of Applied Science, or any other school in Harvard University; undergraduates in Harvard College, or in any other educational institution; and students with or without college affiliations, who register in the Harvard Summer School. The School of Engineering offers to such institutions as desire to count the courses given at the camp toward their degrees, facilities for independent final examinations, the opportunity to mark themselves, such examinations as are given by the instructors in the courses, or such other arrangements as these colleges may desire. Students from any institution formally adopting these regulations, and counting the courses given at the camp toward its degree, will be admitted to the camp on the same basis as students in Harvard College. For courses the camp charges a regular fee of $10 a week, which includes board, lodging, laboratory fees, and instruction.

Study Engineering Sciences.

The following courses for undergraduates will be given at the camp next summer:

Engineering Sciences 4a hf. Use of instruments, plane and topographic surveying, levelling, map drawing, and field practice. Five weeks beginning Saturday, June 20.

Engineering Sciences 4d. Railroad surveying--Railroad curves and location, field and office practice. Six weeks beginning Saturday, July 25.

Course 4a and the first three weeks of Course 4d, if both taken in the same summer, may be counted as one course toward the degree of A.B. or S.B. in Harvard College. Plane trigonometry and logarithms are required for admission to Courses 4a and 4a or its equivalent for admission to 4d.

Each of these courses requires, during the period assigned to it, the concentrated use of the entire working day, and only one may be taken at a time. The schedule of the camp is as follows: rising hour, 6 o'clock; breakfast, 6.25 o'clock; working hours between 7 and 12 o'clock, and between 12.45 and 4 o'clock. On Saturday, however, the working hours are between 7 and 12 o'clock.