SOCCER ELEVEN PLAYS PENN.

GAME AT PHILADELPHIA DETERMINES POSITION OF TEAM IN LEAGUE.

Today at 3.30 o'clock on Franklin Field, Philadelphia, the University association football team will play Pennsylvania. Pennsylvania stands third in the league with two victories and one defeat, while the University leads with two games to its credit, and today's game will affect the University's standing to a large degree since if it should be lost, Harvard will drop to third place in the intercollegiate league. The Pennsylvania team started its season well with a 6 to 3 victory over Yale, but slowly dropped in form, barely defeating Princeton, and losing a close game to Haverford last Saturday by a score of 1 to 0.

On the contrary, the University team has shown steady improvement, defeating the weak Cornell team 7 to 1, and then a few days later winning a 4 to 0 game over the strong Yale eleven. There has been no game this week, but the University team has shown marked improvement in team-work and individual goal-kicking in the four hard practices that it has held.

The teams will line up as follows: HARVARD.  PENNSYLVANIA. Nichols, g.  g., Howell Storer, r.f.b.  r.f.b., Smith Hudner, l.f.b.  l.f.b., Webster Grant, r.h.b.  r.h.b., Mohr Francke, c.h.b.  c.h.b., Moffly Fenn, l.h.b.  l.h.b., Dunstan Smart, r.o.f.  r.o.f., Baron Jennings, r.i.f.  r.i.f., Bell Baker, c.f.  c.f., Frazier Carnochan, l.i.f.  l.i.f., Murphy Weld, l.o.f.  l.o.f., de Gaudenzi