TWENTY-FIVE PLAY FOR CUP

FOUR TEAMS MEET TODAY IN FIRST GAMES OF OPENING ROUND.

The preliminary elimination round of the Leiter Cup baseball series will begin at Soldiers Field this afternoon at 4 o'clock; the "Will-o'-the-Wisps" will play the "Mud-Sox" on the second team diamond, and the "Hopefuls" will play the "Buzzards" on the diamond behind the bleachers. In this round, a defeat or a default eliminates from the series; the decision on defaults, whether on account of rain or otherwise, is in the hands of the manager of the series, F. B. Harvey '14, Holworthy 9.

Twenty-five teams, exactly the same number as last year, are entered in the series this spring. A full list of entries will be published later in the CRIMSON.

The rules of the series are as follows:

1. No team may have more than three men who have received class numerals in their Freshman year; and not more than one man who has received the University or second team letter, or letter from another college.

2. Two balls, a mask and a chest protector will be provided by the University management for each game. One ball may be obtained by each captain at the H. A. A. Office in the Union before noon on the morning of the game. The mask and chest protector may be obtained at the Locker Building on Soldiers Field by signing a receipt, and must be returned immediately after the game. In case of default the captains are expected to return the balls.

3. The games shall be played under the National League rules.

4. The captains of the competing nines shall choose the umpires.

5. Changes in the personnel of the teams will be allowed at the beginning of the round robin series: but they must be submitted to the managers of the series for approval. After the commencement of the round robin, no changes will be allowed. Failure to comply with this rule will mean the forfeit of a game for each change.

6. The captains of both competing teams will be required to leave the order of their teams in the CRIMSON Office before 7 o'clock on the evening before the game. No changes will be allowed after that time.

7. The captain of the winning team shall leave the score at the CRIMSON Office before 7 o'clock on the evening of the game, with the names of the players of both nines; otherwise the result will not be counted.

8. All protests must be left in the CRIMSON Office before 9 o'clock on the day of the game in which they arise. All disagreements will be settled upon application to the management of the series.