ANDOVER'S ATHLETES AHEAD

Defeat Freshman Track Team by Score of 66 to 42.--Latter's Weakness is in Field Events.

The Freshman track team lost their second meet of the season to Andover at Andover on Saturday afternoon by the score of 66 to 42. Weakness in the field events was largely accountable for the defeat, as Andover secured ten out of the fifteen places in this department.

The best performance of the afternoon was the broad jumping done by L. T. Prescott, of Andover, who made a leap of 22 feet, 6 inches. He proved the individual star of the meet, tying two of his team mates for first place in the high jump, and winning from Captain E. A. Teschner '17 in the 220-yard dash. The distance runs were perhaps the most exciting of the races. In the mile, R. S. Cook '17 took the lead at the start and, followed closely by W. J. Hever '17, held it until twenty yards from the finish when a remarkable burst of speed brought D. G. Bradley, of Andover, to the front, breaking the tape just ahead of Cook.

The summary:

120-yard high hurdles.--Won by M. Noble (H.); second, H. Dwight (A.); third, L. Powers (A.). Time, 16 2-5s.

100-yard dash.--Won by D. Macrae (A.); second, S. Gould (A.); third, R. W. Stanley (H.). Time, 10 3-5s.

One-mile run.--Won by D. G. Bradley (A.); second, R. S. Cook (H.); third, W. J. Hever (H.). Time, 4m., 43 4-5s.

440-yard dash.--Won by E. A. Teschner (H.); second, J. Swift (H.); third, A. O. Phinney (H.). Time, 52s.

880-yard run.--Won by J. W. Feeney (H.); second, R. D. Campbell (H.); third, V. Likens (A.). Time, 2m., 4 4-5s.

220-yard low hurdles.--Won by A. L. Rosener (A); second, R. W. Stanley (H.); third, M. Noble (H.). Time, 27 4-5s.

220-yard dash.--Won by L. T. Prescott (A.); second, E. A. Teschner (H.); third, D. Macrae. Time, 23s.

High jump.--Tied for first place, D. Macrae (A), L. T. Prescott (A), T. N. St. Hill (A.). Height, 5 ft., 5 in.

Shot-put.--Won by M. Taylor (A.); second, J. G. Green (H.); third, G. Sager (A.). Distance, 44 ft., 2 in.

Pole-vault.--Won by H. Carey (A.); second, E. E. Bates (H.); third, A. Russell (A.). Height, 10 ft.

Hammer-throw.--Won by H. M. Baldridge (A.); second, W. S. Blanchard (H.); third, H. Gilder (H.). Distance, 118 ft., 7 1-2 in.

Broad jump.--Won by L. T. Prescott (A.); second, S. Gould (A.); third, A. E. Case (H.). Distance, 22 ft., 6 in.