TEAM SCORES ANOTHER SHUT-OUT

No Extra Sets Needed to Take All Tennis Matches from Pittsburgh.

The University tennis team had little trouble in winning from the University of Pittsburgh yesterday, taking all six matches in straight sets. The visitors never appeared dangerous for none of the sets ran into extra games.

The summary:

Singles.--Williams defeated McEllroy, 6-3, 6-2; Armstrong defeated Lytle, 6-1, 6-1; Whitney defeated Flood, 6-3, 6-1; Hastings defeated Gaut, 6-2, 6-0. Doubles--Williams and Whitney defeated McEllroy and Lytle, 6-1, 6-2; Armstrong and Hastings defeated Flood and Gaut, 6-2, 6-3.

Seconds to Open Season.

The second University tennis team will play its first match of the season with the Massachusetts Institute of Technology at Jarvis Field this afternoon at 2.30 o'clock. The following men will represent Harvard in the singles, playing in the order named: T. J. D. Fuller '15, W. Campbell '16, W. Faulkner '14, H. Wainwright '15, R. H. Kettell '14, and A. S. Peabody '16. In the doubles Fuller and Faulkner, Campbell and Kettell, and Briggs and Kimball will be paired together.

More Entries, or Class Matches Off.

Because of the small number of entries, men will be allowed until 6 o'clock tonight to sign up for the class tennis tournaments. Freshmen should enter their names at the Rendezvous; all others at Leavitt & Peirce's. Unless more entries are received, the tournaments will have to be abandoned. There will be no further extension of time. All undergraduates except those on the University squad may compete. An entrance fee of 50 cents will be charged.

As originally planned, the winner of each class tournament will play the best man of his class on the University squad to decide the class championship. The four class winners will then play each other for the University title.