DUAL REGATTA ON THAMES

UNIVERSITY CREWS PRIMED FOR CLASH WITH YALE IN HISTORIC RACES.

Red Top, Conn., June 17, 1914.--Yale meets Harvard in the annual regatta on the Thames River at New London Friday. The traditional contests between the university and freshman eight-oared boats and the freshman four-oared will be continued. A new feature of the program will be the race between the second university eights, in preparation for the appearance of the Harvard crew at the English Henley races in July.

The schedule of the day's races is as follows: 10.30 A. M. -- Second university eights, 2 miles down-stream, followed immediately by the freshman eights over the same course. 4.40 P. M.--university crews, 4 miles up-stream.

The Harvard crews are all primed for the races. The University boat has taken on new life since Murray and Solicy changed places. The men have learned to hold on to their finish, and their catch is hard. The second eight has rivalled the first boat closely all season, and the Freshman eight, which developed most slowly, has in the last few days rounded into commendable form.

The crews spent today in easy, paddling, mingled with racing start practices. In these the University crew opposed the Freshmen during the morning, and the second eight in the afternoon, and got away well ahead of its rivals on each start.