WILLIAMS ON DIAMOND TODAY

VISITORS HAVE CREDITABLE RECORD AND PRESENT STRONG LINE-UP.

Williams will oppose the University baseball team on Soldiers Field this afternoon at 3 o'clock. As usual, the purple will be represented by a fast aggregation, which to date has had a very creditable season. The Williams team was defeated by Yale by the score of 5 to 4 but has a victory over Princeton to its credit. In the series with Amherst, the Williams team has split even so far.

Hodge, who started against the University team last year but who was removed from the box after he had passed the first man to face him, will be in the box today. He pitched first class ball at New Haven earlier in the season but lost the game on account of the poor support from his team mates. In Captain Swain on third and Ainslee on second base, the visitors have two of the best infielders in collegiate baseball. Swain is also a heavy hitter, and on former occasions has caused considerable uneasiness for the Harvard pitchers.

The University team will line-up as it did against Brown on Saturday, except that Hitchcock will probably pitch instead of Mahan. The latter will likely be used on Saturday in the second game with Brown.

The probable batting orders follow: HARVARD.  WILLIAMS. Nash, 1b.  c.f., Cutler Wingate, s.s.  s.s., Toolan Clark, 2b.  3b., Swain Ayres, 3b.  2b., Ainslee Gannett, r.f.  r.f., Gillette Hardwick, l.f.  c., Michler Milholland, c.f.  l.f., Higinbotham Hitchcock, p.  1b., Seibert Waterman, c.  p., Hodge