GOLF TEAM DEFEATED IN FINALS

But Allis Took Highest Individual Honor in Intercollegiates.

The University golf team took second place in the intercollegiate championship at Garden City, L. I., on September 7 to 12. The Harvard six-man squad was undefeated until the final round, when it lost to Princeton, 5 to 4.

In the opening round the University team drew a bye. In the semi-finals Harvard overwhelmed Pennsylvania by the score of 8 to 1, while Princeton easily defeated Yale at the same time. The first matches of the final contest ended with three victories for each side, but in the two-ball foursomes Princeton won the title by taking two of the three matches.

E. P. Allis, III, '15, of Milwaukee, Wis., captain of the University team, won the individual championship. He tied J. B. Rose of Princeton for low qualifying score, and then easily won his way into the finals. Here he defeated L. M. Washburn of Princeton, 11 up and 10 to play, making the morning round in 72, two strokes under par. S. P. Griffitts '15 and J. C. Heyburn '16 also qualified in the individual tournament, the former losing in the second and the latter in the first.