GRIDIRON CANDIDATES WANTED.

Deplorable Paucity of Freshman Material.--Plan of Campaign Outlined.

All Freshmen who intend to go out for the 1918 football team and who did not report yesterday should report dressed at the Locker Building this afternoon at 3 o'clock. At the first regular practice yesterday afternoon only about fifty men were present. This was far below the size of the squads in the past few years. P. Withington '10 outlined the plans for the 1914 season. Instead of dividing the candidates into two squads as in past years, a tentative Freshman team will be selected after a few days practice. The remaining men will be divided into three teams representing the three Freshman dormitories. Immediately following the formation of the teams a series of inter-dormitory games will be played. These games will give the men who were overlooked in the first selection a chance to prove their ability since the coaches will from time to time pick the good men from the dormitory teams for the perminiate Freshman eleven. The first game on the regular 1918 schedule is with Exeter, at Exeter on October 24, giving every man a chance to show his worth before the final selection.