IMPORTANT PRINTS NOW AT FOGG ART MUSEUM

Masterpieces by Altdorfer, Hirschvogel and Others on Exhibition for First Time.

The Fogg Art Museum has recently made several important acquisitions by gift and loan which are now on exhibition in the print-room. These include a drawing by the sixteenth century German master Altdorfer, and an etching by Hirschvogel, representing a man in armor. The latter is a very beautiful impression of an excessively rare print. There is no record of its ever having appeared before at a public sale, and no impression of it exists in the British Museum.

Zoan Andrea's "St. Jerome" and the "Effect of Jealousy" by Wenzel von Olmutz, both copied after Durer, show the influence of the great German master in Italy as well as in his own country. "St. Matthew," by the Master E. S. is a very important print by a very great engraver. These three prints are of the greatest rarity, not having appeared in a public sale for over fifty years.

The Fogg Art Museum is open to the public from 9 o'clock in the morning until 5 o'clock in the afternoon on weekdays, and from 1 o'clock until 5 o'clock in the afternoon on Sundays.