GRAND JURY SUMMONS UNIVERSITY STUDENTS

Investigation of Recently-Registered Voters Now Being Conducted by District Attorney.

More than 30 students of the University have been summoned by the Cambridge police to appear before the Grand Jury as a result of the investigation conducted by District Attorney William J. Corcoran in reference to Harvard students registering as voters in Cambridge. Professor W. B. Munro '99, F. G. C. O'Neill '16, business manager of the CRIMSON, and R. S. Coit '18, news candidate, were yesterday added to the list of those summoned, these last in connection with the publication of a recent article in regard to the registration of students.

The three recording secretaries, G. W. Robinson '95, of the Graduate Schools, G. W. Cram '88, of the College, and Dr. A. P. Fitch '00, of the Divinity School, and likewise H. F. Burr, of the Andover Theological School, A. T. Larson, instructor in chemistry, and W. P. Wingfield were the only witnesses heard yesterday. The hearing will be continued tomorrow morning.

A new phase of the registration question arose when E. D. Edwards entered a protest against the newly registered voters before the Cambridge Registrars of Voters, claiming that the registrations were illegal and irregular.

The protest of Mr. Edwards was formally entered on Monday evening, Mr. J. L. G. Glynn being his attorney.

In some cases the men protested are the same as have been called before the Grand Jury in East Cambridge, in the investigation of student registration. The newly registered men who are protested before the Registrars are as follows: J. S. Davis '08, L. T. Smith, And., A. F. Johnson '02, M. P. McNair '16, N. F. Hall '00, M. S. Gaunt, And., W. H. Mikesell '14, A. T. Larson, W. Anderson '14, S. W. Morgan '16, P. S. Reed '15, W. B. Gulic, C. H. Bradley, Jr., M.D., D. H. Whittemore, J. O. Simpson, C. Wadsworth '13, A. Fisher 1L., C. Nusbaum, J. V. Van Sickle 3G., J. H. Lewis uC., W. Townsend '16, W. H. Cole 2G., D. Stewart '17, S. Williamson, H. Clark '10, DeF. Anthony '18, H. L. Stratton And., R. E. Rockwood 3G., R. M. Jopling '14, H. L. M. Cole '16, H. St.John '14, Z. C. Dickinson 2G., A. H. Khachadoorian '13.