MAHAN'S KICKING MAIN FEATURE

University Team Defeated Seconds 18 to 0 in Long and Hard Scrimmage

The second day of the week's hard driving of the University football team consisted of along and strenuous scrimmage with the seconds resulting in an 18 to 0 victory for the University. The long and sensational end runs of Rollins, the powerful line-plunging of Horween and Enwright, and the remarkable performance of Captain Mahan at punting and drop-kicking before the scrimmage, featured the day's play.

During the preliminary work, while the ends and linemen were being drilled by their respective coaches, Mahan tried out his kicking, and put up a notably consistent exhibition at long and high spirals and at perfect drop-kicks from widely varying points in the field. His drop-kicks all carried much reserve power and showed for the most part remarkably true aim. If Mahan keeps up his work in this department, Princeton may have just fears for the drop-kicking supremacy of Tibbott.

In the hard and fierce scrimmage with the seconds, the University's first touchdown came on three successive plunges through the line by Enwright from the scrubs' 35 yard line; the second was made by Rollins on a spectacular end run of 25 yards and the third was credited to Horween after a series of tremendous smashes at the middle of the seconds line. A fumble by Watson when the University was but one foot from the goal-posts lost a fourth chance.

Dadmun and Wiggin did not participate in the scrimmage, for the former is temporarily laid up with a bruised shoulder and the latter is out with a slight muscle bruise. The rest of the University squad, however practically to a man took part in the hard work of the day, the men on Team A soon giving way for others. Team A lined up as follows: Soucy, i.e.; Parson, i.t.; Taylor, l.g.; Wallace, c.; Cowen, r.g.; Caner, r.t.; Harte, r.e.; Watson, q.; King, l.h.b.; Enwright. r.h.b; Mahan, f.b