UNDEFEATED PENN. STATE TEAM IN STADIUM

CONTEST MARKS CRISIS IN HARVARD TEAM'S DEVELOPMENT

The University eleven will face Penn. State, in the final try-out before the Princeton game, in the Stadium this afternoon at 3 o'clock. The visitors are bringing to Cambridge a strong aggregation of players, with a record of five straight victories behind them. Though outweighed by the University, the team is in excellent condition and will enter today's contest, set on eclipsing last year's 13-13 tie.

Penn. Has Strong Defense.

The Penn. State eleven has lost, through graduation, four men who were the particular stars of the 1914 game, but their places have been taken by men of equal ability. The halfback positions are filled by Yeager, a strong defensive back, and Berryman, the greatest all around player who has ever represented Penn. State. Czarneckie, the biggest man on the squad, at tackle, and Ewing the quarterback, fill the other two vacancies. McDowell, the veteran guard, is said to be exceptionally brilliant in interference and the shifting of Captain Wood from centre to tackle has added weight to the one side of the line which the University found weak last season.

The University team has gone through a week of gruelling practice since last Saturday's defeat and has had the services of several backfield men whose absence has undoubtedly been a handicap. The shifting of Taylor to guard as a result of Wallace's return has further strengthened the defence. Mahan's drop-kicking and punting during the past week have shown a notable consistency and he should be in excellent form for the probable punting duel in this afternoon's game.

Matched against him are Clarke, the Penn. State fullback and Berryman. Both have shown marked punting ability during the past season and with the addition of Ewing promise to furnish a strong combination of kickers.

Light Practice Yesterday.

The practice held yesterday afternoon was light, in preparation for today. Team A lined up against team B and went through a light scrimmage and long signal practice, but there was no hard scrimmage. Gilman and Watson left for Princeton yesterday afternoon, to witness the Princeton vs. Williams game today.

The officials for today's game will be W. N. Morice, of the University of Pennsylvania, referee; D. L. Fultz, of Brown, umpire; E. S. Land, of Annapolis, linesman; and J. A. Evans, of Williams, extra official.

Tickets at 50 cents and $1 can be procurred at the H. A. A. Office, and at Leavitt & Peirce's, and may also be had at the gate. Space for automobiles is provided within Soldiers Field, to which entrance may be made directly from North Harvard street.