BLACK ELECTED CAPTAIN OF YALE FOOTBALL TEAM

Although Out of Game for Part of Season He Has Proved One of Most Valuable Players.

New Haven, Conn., November 30, 1915.--At the banquet of the Yale football squad this evening, C. R. Black '17 S, of New York, N. Y., regular left guard on this season's team, was unanimously elected captain for next year.

Although out of the game a large part of the season with an injured leg, he showed up extremely well while he was able to play and his return to the line just before the Princeton-Yale game was a material factor in Yale's victory over the Tigers. Last year he led his Freshman team through a very successful schedule.

Black prepared at Exeter, where he was a regular on the team in 1913. He is 21 years old, 5 feet 6 inches tall and weighs 201 pounds.

In speaking of Black in his outline of the Yale team in the Crimson of November 20, R. W. P. Brown '98 said: "He is only a sophomore, yet he shows a knowledge of his position, left guard, that would do credit to a veteran. In spite of his weight of over 200 pounds he has the activity to shoot through when an occasional opportunity permits and reach the backfield man with the ball before the latter's interference has had time to get under way. . . . He makes himself a very efficient member of his team, no matter where the play may occur.