Yale Abolished Senior Council.

New Haven, Conn., December 10.--The proposed reorganization of the Yale Senior Council into a Student Council representing the whole college was passed when the new constitution was ratified by a majority vote of nine to one from the three upper classes.

A summary of the three important changes embodied in the new constitution is as follows:

First, the Council has been made representative of the college as a whole by having it consist of seven seniors, five juniors and three sophomores, instead of seven seniors only, as heretofore.

Second, the new Council will take charge of holding the undergraduate elections, and will make the arrangements for extra-curriculum events, such as the Freshman reception, which duties have been discharged in the past by the Yale Daily News.

Third, instead of holding elections in October as heretofore, which means that at the opening of the college year, when there is the most work to do, the Council is not yet in existence, under the new plan elections are held at the end of May, so that the Council can be organized and ready when college opens.