SIX SEVENS REPORTED AT ARENA YESTERDAY AFTERNOON

Strong Defense Able to Hold Line Combinations Easily.--Claflin and Smart With Winsor.

Two squads of three teams each reported to Coach Winsor at the Arena for the first practice on ice yesterday afternoon. After the men had limbered up they were given a thorough drill in shooting goals. W. H. Claflin, Jr., '15, captain of last year's seven and P. H. Smart '14 assisted Coach Winsor, while G. W. Canterbury '01 worked with the goals tenders. After the rudimentary work. Coach Winsor sent the first three lines down against the regular defense, made up of Captain Morgan and Doty with Wylde. Abbott and Martin alternating at goal. The passing and shooting of all three lines was ragged, and the veteran backs had the trouble in breaking up-most of the attempts to score, although Thacher, Percy, Baldwin and W. O. Morgan, who made up the team a line, were notice ably superior to the other forwards in speed and stick work. Later the rest of the squad were sent off the ice, while four lines, took the puck down the whole length of the rink against the defense men. The drill for the first three teams ended with a skate around the rink behind the goals in a figure "8" at top speed. The remainder of the period was given over to teams D, E and F, but the three lower teams showed little in the way of promise.

Freshmen at Clay Pits.

The Freshman squad A, numbering 35, was taken out to the Clay Pits in North Cambridge. After getting used to the ice, they were divided indiscriminately into four teams, with the forward lines carrying the puck down against the defense, Practice ended with short scrimmages between the four teams.

Good hockey was impossible on account of the watery condition of the ice. Squad B was given a shooting practice at the gymnasium, directed by P. H. Smart '14.

Tickets on Sale Tomorrow.

Owing to a mistake on the part of the printer, the season tickets are not ready as yet. They will be put on sale tomorrow morning at $2.50 at the H. A. A., Leavitt & Peirce's, Wright & Ditson's Cambridge store, Brine's B. A. A., and the Harvard Club of Boston. They may also be obtained in the Freshman dormitories from N. A. Aldrich '19, Standish E11, from B. W. Thoron "19. Gore C 32 and from N. Wainwright '19. James Smith C 32.