CORNELL FOOTBALL TEAM WILL LOSE BEST PLAYERS

Graduation Means Withdrawal of Barrette, Schelton, Cool, Collina, and Several Others.

Cornell's football team will suffer heavily by graduation next year, not so much in numbers as in the quality of the men. The graduation of Barrett will be a serious blow. The coaches cannot hope to find his equal in years, and will have to seek to make up by all-around team strength what they lose in the departure of this unusual players. He has done more for Cornell football than any man in the history of athletics at Ithaca, and largely through his own brilliant playing has the team gone through the season without a defeat. Collins, Cool, and Shelton will also be greatly missed. The coaches consider Ryerson and Zander as prominent end material to fill Shelton's place, and Bard and Dixon fit candidates for the line. The greatest problem will be to find a man to take Cool's place at centre. Hoffman and Benedict, substitute backs, will be good material in another year, as will Van Horn. Bretz, the freshman quarterback, a fast, heady player, a good kicker and a man who has shown some excellent qualities in generalship, should be the logical man to take Barrett's place. The freshman team also offers some good line and backfield candidates.