FIELDERS TO REPORT MONDAY

Baseball Outlook is Good as Freshman Material Will Offset Players Lost by Graduation.

Fielding candidates for the baseball team are to be called out next Monday. The work will be a continuation of the fall practice. All men who intend to go out for the team this spring and who did not report for practice last autumn should speak to Dr. Sexton.

At the end of September, 61 candidates reported for practice to Dr. Sexton. Of these 23 were Freshmen, but it seems probable that the squad will be sufficiently augmented this spring by men who could not play last fall, on account of other activities, to make up for this loss. In the autumn an independent team under the name of "Rovers" played a series of thirteen games against various other organizations.

The hole in the infield left by the graduation of ex-captain Wingate and S. P. Clark '14 is still a source of some worry. B. C. Cartmell '16, who was last year being developed to fill Wingate's shoes has not returned to College, having gone into business. Candidates who showed up promisingly last fall are M. B. Phillips '15, captain of last year's second team, G. E. Abbot '17, last year's Freshman captain, and C. S. Reed '17, also of last year's Freshman nine. The chance that R. C. Harte '17 may be used on second base, leaving the burden of the work behind the bat on the shoulders of J. B. Waterman '15, is still a posibility.

R. B. Frye '15 appeared to be the choice of pitchers from the candidates of the autumn, though W. G. Cummings '17, H. E. Fitzgibbons '15, and some others are possibilities. E. W. Mahan '16, who was playing football during the autumn will be a strong addition to these men. H. L. Nash '16 was playing on first base with Captain Ayres on third. Although Captain Ayres is now unable to play, it is hoped that he will be back in the field in a comparatively short time. F. G. Fripp '16, F. P. Coolidge '16, and R. T. Gannett '15 were playing well in the outfield. H. R. Hardwick '15, a veteran outfielder of two years standing, will be another strong man in the outfield. With further additions of the men who were unable to come out last fall, a strong team should take the field this spring.