TRAINING PERIOD SHORTENED

Special Provisions May--Reduce Three Years' Experience for Future Boston School Teachers.

Students who intend to teach in the schools of Boston are reminded by the School Committee that three years of experience are required for certificates to teach in high schools. This requirement will be reduced, however, to two years, provided the student has pursued in college a program including at least one course in each of the following fields: psychology, philosophy (including social ethics), history of education, theory of education, secondary education, including practice teaching. A program including Psychology A, any introductory course in Philosophy, Education 1, Education A or 5, Education 3b, and Education 9, will fulfill these specifications. The requirement of experience will be reduced to one year for students who secure the master's degree in education under certain special provisions.

Since satisfactory arrangements are necessary for students who expect to secure 120 hours of supervised classroom work, all who expect to take advantage of this opportunity to qualify for posts in the Boston school system should consult Professor H. W. Holmes, Chairman of the Division of Education. Lawrence 5, before the close of the present academic year.