POSITIONS FOR GRADUATES.

The Alumni Employment Office is performing a service for Harvard and Harvard men of which too few people are aware. "No function of the Alumni Association" says the Alumni Bulletin, "is more important or more deserving of future development. Harvard shares the blame for the failings of her graduates,-their successes redound to her credit."

The Appointment Office really consists of three distinct organizations which cooperate together. These are: the Faculty Employment Bureau, with offices in University Hall, which handles candidates for teachers' positions; the Alumni Association, with an office in Boston, which handles candidates for business positions of every description; and the newly founded bureau of the Harvard Club of New York, which likewise deals with candidates for every kind of business position. These three together have, for the year of 1913-14, helped 144 men to positions all over the country and even abroad, with an average salary of $1,055 a year. Not only are men helped to find employment, but records are kept of those who are employed, for the purpose of advancing them to better positions. Moreover the offices make no charge for their services.

This work of the Appointment Office is obviously most beneficial, and it should be particularly so this year, when it is exceptionally hard for those with no especial recommendations or prospects to get positions.